The vortex flowmeter is a non-streamlined vortex generator placed in the fluid, and the fluid is alternately separated on both sides of the generator to release two strings of regularly staggered vortex.
Vortex flowmeters can be classified into stress type, strain type, capacitive type, thermal type, vibrating type, photoelectric type and ultrasonic type according to the frequency detection mode.
The vortex flowmeter is a kind of younger type of flowmeter, but it has developed rapidly and has become a general-purpose flowmeter.
(1) The structure is simple and firm;
(2) There are many types of fluids applicable;
(3) High precision;
(4) The range is wide;
(5) The pressure loss is small.
(1) Not applicable to low Reynolds number measurements;
(2) Longer straight pipe sections are required;
(3) The meter factor is low (compared to the turbine flow meter);
(4) The instrument still lacks application experience in pulsating flow and multiphase flow.