1. The electromagnetic flowmeter has a simple sensor structure, there are no moving parts in the measuring tube, and there are no throttling parts that impede the flow of fluid. Therefore, when the fluid passes through the flow meter, it does not cause any additional pressure loss, and is one of the lowest energy consumption flow meters in the flow meter.
2. It can measure the flow rate of fouling medium, corrosive medium and suspension liquid-solid two-phase flow. This is due to the unobstructed flow components inside the instrument measuring tube. The measuring tube lining and electrodes are in contact with the measured fluid. The material can be selected according to the nature of the measured fluid. For example, with polytrifluoroethylene or PTFE as the inner lining, it can measure various corrosive media such as acids, alkalis, and salts; wear-resistant rubber as the inner lining is particularly suitable for measuring wear with solid particles. Larger slurry, cement slurry, etc. Liquid-solid two-phase flow, and various suspended liquids with fiber liquids and pulps.
3, electromagnetic flowmeter is a volume flow measurement instrument, in the measurement process, it is not measured by the media temperature, viscosity, density in the conductivity (in a certain range). Therefore, after the electromagnetic flow meter is calibrated by water, it can be used to measure the flow of other conductive liquids.
4. The output of the electromagnetic flowmeter is only proportional to the average flow velocity of the measured medium, but is independent of the flow state (laminar flow or turbulent flow) under symmetrical distribution. Therefore, the range of the electromagnetic flowmeter is very wide, with a measuring range of up to 100:1, and some even reach a flowable range of 1000:1.
5. The electromagnetic flowmeter has no mechanical inertia and sensitive response. It can measure the instantaneous pulsating flow, and can also measure the flow in both positive and negative directions.
6. The scope of industrial electromagnetic flowmeters is very wide, from a few millimeters to several meters, and there are real-time flow calibration devices with calibers up to 3m in China, laying the foundation for the application and development of electromagnetic flowmeters.